1962 Yarrow & Co. Ltd. Pilothouse Motorsailor
LOA 33.40 m
Beam 7.10 m
Draft 4.30 m
Engines 2x Gardner 230 Hp
TAX Commercial Vessel
Location Barcelona, Spain
ASKING PRICE EUR 1,395,000
The Bermuda rigged SOUTHERN CROSS was the largest steel auxiliary ketch built in Scotland for many years. She was awarded the Lloyd’s Register “Yacht of the Year” Trophy for the best design and construction in 1962.
SOUTHERN CROSS is registered as a commercial passenger vessel on the Spanish Canary Islands Special Registry as (Grupo 1 Clase H). She regularly charters in Spanish waters and is currently licensed to carry up to 65 passengers plus 5 crew on coastal day outings.
A true blue water, long distance gentleman’s cruising yacht, she has entered several classic yacht events, and makes a formidable hospitality and spectator yacht. She would be a fabulous mother-ship for a racing boat team or similar.
- Bright deck saloon, large raised bridge and ample semi-enclosed dining area.
- Comfortable guest accommodation in 4 double and 2 single guest cabins with en suite bathrooms for 10 guests.
- Accomodation for Five to six crew.
- Underwent extensive hull plating, fuel and water tank repairs in a major refit including a complete repair of the decks, replacing all the caulking and changing teak planks where necessary over the winter of 2018/2019.
- Her owner is a very realistic seller with a new project!
- Home Port, Real Club Náutico Barcelona.